By accessing the website at https://subscriptionscore.com, the Reports system, the Insights API, or the browser plugin (collectively the Subscription Score services), you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.
The Insights API
The intention of the Insights API (the API) is to provide our data to others in order that we can collectively help improve the state of mailing lists.
To this end, the API must not be used for any other purpose, including:
- Analysis of mailing lists for the purpose of advertising, except where such use is intended to helping mailing list owners access sponsorship channels or improve their existing sponsorship options directly or indirectly.
- Comparison of mailing lists, trends, or aggregations, for the creation of any form of "business intelligence" report.
You are also not permitted to resell data retrieved or derived from usage of the Insights API, without explicit permission from Squarecat.
You agree to use the Website, Reports and API (the services) for lawful purposes.
You agree not to use the services in any way that:
- violates any applicable federal, state, local and international law or regulation.
- restricts or inhibits anyone's use of the services, or which may harm Squarecat or users of the services, or in any way expose them to liability.
- disables, overburdens, damages, or impairs the site or interferes with any other party's use of the services.
- attempts to automatically download or copy the material content of the services (with use of crawlers, spiders, or other means), without prior written consent.
- attempts to interfere with the services maliciously in any way that could be technologically harmful.
- attempts to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the services, the servers on which the services reside, or any server, computer or database connected to the services.
- attemps to deny access or otherwise interfere with the proper working of the services.
Most software today is developed with little to no thought of how it will be used, or the consequences for our society and planet.
We are an ethical company and try to abide by ethical business practices. To this end we request that usage of our systems and products also abides by our ethical and moral code.
Where applicable our software is distributed under the NoHarm licence. Specifically this software must not be used by any organisation, website, product, or service that:
- promotes, lobbies for or derives a majority of income from:
abuses of human rights:
- human trafficking
- sex trafficking
- slavery or indentured servitude
- discrimination based on age, gender, gender identity, race, sexuality, religion, nationality
- hate speech
- the extraction or sale of fossil fuels
- the destruction of habitats for threatened or endangered species, including through deforestation or burning of forests
- the abuse, inhumane killing or neglect of animals under human control
- industrial processes that generate waste products that threaten life
conflict and war:
- war crimes
- weapons manufacturing
- violence (except when required to protect public safety)
addictive or destructive products and services:
- products that encourage adversely addictive behaviours
- dissuades, lobbies against, or derives a majority of income from actions that discourage or frustrate:
- access to the rights set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- democratic processes
- peaceful assembly and association (including worker associations)
- a sustainable environment
- The website
- The materials on the Subscription Score website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Squarecat makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Squarecat does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- The scores
- Mailing list email address data is automatically collected, filtered, and scored daily. Algorithmically, all email addresses are given identical treatment, and at no point does a human intervene with the scoring process.
- Scores are provided on an as-is basis and are not independantly evaluated, thus Squarecat does not warrant that any of the score data is accurate, complete or current. Scores are to be treated as estimates, and may not always be representative.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Squarecat at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
4. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Squarecat's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Squarecat does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Squarecat may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Squarecat does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Squarecat has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Squarecat of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
6. Limitations of Liability
- Disclaimer of Consequential Damages.
SQUARECAT WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, COVER, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS, EVEN IF APPRISED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH LOSSES, AND WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS ARE MADE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE DOCUSIGN PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY:
Some countries and jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of consequential, direct, indirect, or other damages in contracts with consumers and to the extent you are a consumer the limitations or exclusions in this section may not apply to you.
- USE OF THE SITE, SCORES DATA, BROWSER PLUGIN OR ANY OTHER SUBSCRIPTION SCORE SERVICE.
- ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT.
- PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, OR SUBSCRIPTION SCORE SERVICES.
- ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN.
- ANY INTERRUPTION OF THE SERVICE
- ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE, OR SUBSCRIPTION SCORE SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY
- ANY LOSS OF YOUR DATA OR CONTENT FROM THE SITE, OR SUBSCRIPTION SCORE SERVICES
- Cap on Damages.
OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTY CLAIMS), REGARDLESS OF THE FORUM AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY ACTION OR CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, WILL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO SQUARECAT FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION SCORE SERVICE(S) GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM UNDER THESE TERMS DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE DATE OF THE FIRST EVENT GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, OR €50, WHICEVER IS GREATER. THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM SHALL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT.
- Because some states and jurisdictions do not allow limitation of liability in certain instances, portions of the above limitation may not apply to you. In that event, such exclusions and limitations shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable mandatory law (and our liability shall be limited or excluded as permitted under mandatory applicable law).
Squarecat may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Estonia and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Enforced by Squarecat OÜ, Sepapaja 6, Tallinn, 15551, Estonia, Company ID: 14434179.
This policy was last updated on the 11th March 2020.
26th December 2019